Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I dont need a statue...

Its taken me awhile but now I realize i don't need recognition. The poker player equals rock star thing is not why this game is played. The good thing about the "poker boom" is that its brought in plenty of dead money for the real players to pay the rent. That's what I have been missing this whole time, I should play this game to pay the rent, not to be on a magazine cover!
It is time for a cleansing of my poker brain. The best thing I can do at this point is to start over. I am going to forgot 90% of what I think I know about this game because that is about how much I'm wrong about. I have a good foundation to start from and that is what I am going to do, start over.
This blog will be used for me to express some thoughts I have about the game along the way to myself as well as keep track of my play. Eventually someone else may find that there is something to be gained from reading this and that is fine but this is first and foremost for me. I need to change the way I think about poker and realize that the winner is the guy with the most money, not the guy who is ranked #1 on pocketfives.com or the guy who wins the bracelet or the guy on the cover of Bluff magazine.

No comments: